NEW UNIVERSITY OF FAITH CLASSES – JANUARY 9
New University of Faith Classes begin Wednesday, January 9, 2013.
Please make plans to join us for one of the following:
1. “Matthew – a Study of Grace” From enemy, traitor and outcast to becoming a disciple of Christ and a trophy of grace, we will take a look at the life of this disciple Matthew. As we go verse by verse through the Gospel of Matthew, and we see Jesus
portrayed through the eyes of Matthew, I am sure we will have a new appreciation for His love for us. No cost for this study. Teacher is Mike Blount. Meets in the sanctuary.
2. “Financial Peace”, by Dave Ramsey. Start 2013, off on the right foot by bringing your finances under control. Dave has some simple steps to help you manage your money, pay off debt and save for the future. The average family pays off $5,300 in debt and saves $2,700 in the first 90 days! January 9th is the “preview” for this class at no cost. There is a workbook cost for this class. Facilitator for this class is Kevin Wineinger.
3. “Taking Down Goliath”, by Johnny Hunt. All of us battle with sin every day, but men have their own temptations and pitfalls that are unique to them. In this 7 week study you will explore issues like money, habits, fears, relationships and more. Come and learn how to face the giants in your life and live in victory. This is a great Bible study just for men. Facilitator for this class is Henry Kines. Workbook cost is $8.
4. “Celebrate Recovery” is a Christ-centered, Bible based, 12-step recovery program celebrating recovery! The purpose of Celebrate Recovery is to encourage men and women to seek God’s healing power to overcome life dominating issues – our hurts, habits and hang-ups. Teacher for this course is Philip Perry. Meets in the Friendship Class.
5. “The Family with Special Needs” series returns. Raising a child with special needs
has its own challenges that touch every member of the family. We will begin in January by talking about the family with special needs staying in love for a lifetime. Strategies will be presented that will allow you to address behaviors in a positive way by getting to the real function of the behavior. Be watching for new topics each month. Taught by Tim and Tami Burt. No cost. Meets in the Good News Class.
6. “1st Place” Ladies only class. Although weight management is most often our
motivation for joining a First Place group, the focus is not just on the body or on the
number on the scale. That’s a crucial difference between First Place and other weight loss programs. By applying disciplines that affect the whole person—the body, the mind, the heart and the spirit—you will not only experience physical health but will also experience total health - health for life! Workbook cost. We know that Christ commands us to give. And we know He offers us great rewards for giving. So why is it so hard to give? There are many roadblocks to giving: unbelief, insecurity, pride, idolatry, desire for power and control. But I'm convinced that the greatest deterrent to giving is this: the illusion that earth is our home. Treasure Principle Key #3 'Heaven, not earth, is my home.'" Taken from "The Treasure Principle" by Randy Alcorn.